Sunday, August 19, 2007

mother's week out

That's right Mom is leaving for the week. Well, I still have to finish a 10 hour work day tomorrow and get packed but I leave at 6:15am Tuesday to FINALLY go meet my nephew!!!
I am packing only one suitcase - for myself:) I am converting my diaper bag into a carry on for my toys. It will fit but it's a tight squeeze in it's case - plus all of my magazines and I don't want to forget a snack.
I am almost more excited about the solo plane trip than seeing my nephew for the 1st time - JUST KIDDING! I can't believe he is almost a month old and I haven't met him yet. I had to let the dust settle after my mom has camped out there for 3 weeks. She has left a tough act to follow though - doing all the meals, cleaning and up and ready to take on baby duty beginning at 5am each day! I know I can do it:)
I am sad to leave my sweet family - having lots of fun with my boys lately but I am certain absence will make the heart grow even fonder - for all of us.
I am excited to see my little sis in her new role that she is so perfect for! I will update on my adventures while I am gone. Until then - prayers for my travels and for my family!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Have a great trip and enjoy the time away. We all need it every once in a while!

life with the wisners said...

i don't have to tell you that i AM DYING to hear how things are going. tell sis i said hello, and give that sweet little man the biggest squeeze out there.

love you! can't wait to catch up!