Saturday, December 01, 2007

"Crackin' my Heart"

This has all the makings of a country western song. I hadn't thought of that as the future career for my eldest son but his dinnertime quote tonight may have some promise.

Luke was procrastinating and whining about finishing his dinner (the 2nd entree he was served - the 1st one wasn't to his liking) - UGH! When we explained to him that he longer it took him to eat his dinner the closer it was getting to bathtime.

He placed his head in his hands, hung his head down and replied, "You're crackin' my heart".

I, of course, quickly corrected him, "You mean breaking my heart".

"NO!", he yelled. "You're CRACKIN' it!"

Make no mistake - I got it the second time around.

Nashville here we come;)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Out of the mouths of babes! I love it!

life with the wisners said...

look at you, miss fancy pants. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new blog. love it! and i'm loving your little man. thanks for writing it down for us (so YOU don't forget).

love you!