Saturday, January 19, 2008

plan b again

well we had a date night planned again but this time I was the sick one. This lovely thing has been going around work. I woke up with it this morning but was determined to get it out of my system. Joe's b-day is next week and we wanted to do dinner at HuHot (we have a gift card that is burning a hole in our pocket). Then we wanted to go to the movie. I thought I'd finally found a good one that both of us would like and we wouldn't feel bad about watching.
Well it is snowing tonight. And when we get to HuHot, Joe knows the guy cooking at the grill of course (one of his patients - I swear he treats the whole valley - he should really run for mayor). Anyway, he tells us that they just issued a travel advisory and it is emergency travel only. They planned on shutting the restaurant down early.
I felt awful at this point - why did I let our 16 year-old babysit drive clear across town in this weather for us to go to dinner for 30 minutes. I texted her (yeah - gotta be hip like that with the young kids) and let her know we were not going to the movie but would rent one and be home.
Joe is following her home as I type.
I am watching the end of Bourne Supremacy that I fell asleep on last night and then we will finish the trilogy with Bourne Ultimatum when he returns.
Sometimes plan b turns out just fine. Just wish I would have been game for it first thing this am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how good you are at including links! you think of everything!