Thursday, October 25, 2007

favorite things

okay, so maybe these aren't my favorite things but they are definitely some highlights from today...

- having my mom around to come watch luke while i take owen for his 18 month check up

- having my husband call to tell me and my mom to lock up the house b/c there are 2 escape murders in the valley (seriously - i know everyone who reads this probably has this happen on a daily basis where they live but around here it's a rarity)

- on that note, let me add living in Montana to this list;)

- having a physician that is so down to earth and caring about all of our family members (helps that he is a co-worker of mine and i'm his wife's boss) - you know your physician is good when he can care for 90 year olds and newborns:)

- garfield bandaids after shots (crazy that the same cat that decorated a number of my childhood birthdays is still around)

- talking to my sister for over an hour on the phone while owen sleeps off his shots

- owen's 3 1/2 hour nap!!!

- a sandbox in our backyard

- having to bathe both kids before dinner because they had so much fun in the sandbox

- having to use a hairdryer on my 18 month old's hair after his bath

- living less than a mile from costco

- having a husband that will stop by costco for me on his way home from work even though it's only a mile out of my way - he loves us:)

- dinner with my family and saying grace together for our meal

- watching private practice on my laptop (love abc.com)

today was a great day!!!

now on the sad notes...

- back to work tomorrow (only one more day though)

- owen has only gained 1 lb in 3 months (20% percentile for weight but 80% for height and 90% for head circumference) - i promise he eats all the time!!!

- owen may have to get tubes - kind of talked my way out of it this visit but i don't think i'll win when we head back in november (these boys of mine like to keep fluid on their ears - i guess i do want owen to be able to talk well someday)

- sad that mom takes child in for well baby checkup while she has a low grade temp, hacking cough and smokers voice - i have not been the picture of health for the past 2 weeks:(

well, goodnight and don't be expecting a list like this tomorrow. i won't be able to keep track of all that happens all that well. so many old peope to get moving and so little time;)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! It's the small things in life that really matter most! Keep on keepin' those old folks movin!

life with the wisners said...

two LONG posts in one week?! it's too good to be true.

can i comment on everything?

honestly, i can't get past having to use a hairdryer on owen. can't get past it. i love that kid!

let me know when O gets his tubes, and i'll schedule goo's that day.

love you, buddy!