Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bummed

I can't believe I am going to miss it!

I received a letter/e-mail Sunday to plan a 10 year reunion at my collegiate alma mater with my sorority sisters. Thanks for thinking of me Crosby!!!

Saturday I purchased plane tickets for my family to fly to Houston to visit my sister and brother in law.

Really don't think both trips will be able to happen.

I am so bummed!

Don't get me wrong, I love where we live. Joe and I feel so fortunate to be so young and already live in our dream place. Despite the cut in pay we are living where we want to live and enjoying it to the fullest. This is where most folks hope to retire to or at least vacation here sometime in their lifetime.

Being all the way out here in Montana certainly keeps me out of the loop. I try to make it Kansas City to catch up my old friends whenever we make it to the Midwest but to actually make it to Aggieville again - never thought it could happen - looks like it won't for at least another 5 years!

Also - don't get me wrong, I can't wait to visit Sam and Ali! This will be the last pre-baby visit! That's right - the boys will have a cousin Hinkie at the end of July! That also means I will get to take another trip down South this year (without kiddos)!

I will certainly miss the opportunity to re-connect with my friends though! I truly value the friendships I developed with Kim, Crosby, Palmer, Levell, Shannon & Funston. I thoght those days would last forever and now it seems that so much has changed!

Life is good and we are so blessed!

Kelly

No comments: