Sunday, January 21, 2007

tearjerker

Well - I did get done with work on time Saturday to make it to the wedding of one of the occupational therapists I have worked with for a few years. She married an orthotist in town (what a nice professional combo). Wedding was small but nice.

The groom has a 4 year old son, Tyler. Not sure there was a prior marriage and I think Brian has been raising the little boy himself. Anyway, after Brian and Rhiana exchange their vows, unbeknownst to anyone but the pastor officiating - Rhiana bends down and says some vows to her new step son.

The tears were flowing and here I was the mother of two snot nosed boys and had to dig in my seatbelt bag for about 10 minutes before I could find a tissue! Sometimes that purse is just a bit too big - allows me to keep too much onboard and can never find what I need fast enough.

Didn't make it to the reception. Ran a few errands - without kiddos as they were up at Nana and Papa's and without my husband worrying about where I was - he as preoccupied with building some cabinets in his new shop (aka - the mistress).
Came home to get changed and head out to dinner for Joe's 33rd birthday (actually to be officially celebrated on January 22nd) with our friends Danny and Rhonda. Actually, ended up being a poor meal but the company was great. They had to head home by 9:30pm - had grandma and grandpa watching their girls at their house so had to rescue them.
With no little ones for us to come home to, we head to Red's for a live jazz ensemble (La Nota) and a cold draft. Only spent about 30 minutes http://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifthen headed to Blockbuster for candy (MIlk Duds and Dots) and movie - also quick stop by the convience store for a fountain Dr. Pepper. We both only lasted about 20 minutes into the movie. At least we have until Wednesday to finish it up.
Could only sleep in until 6:30am - ugh! Creatures of habit!!!
Got up and ready early. Headed to Whitefish for breakfast and then 9:30am service at Church.
Up to my parents for lunch and to pick up the boys.
Now settling in for the Sunday night blues:(
May try our next outing in a couple of weeks for this:
Sounds really fun - who couldn't use a marriage pick me up?

No comments: