Thursday, January 04, 2007

WARNING - this is a graphic post (most mothers can handle it though)!

What is worse than being a working mom?

Being a working mom that is home sick!

When you have alone time in your home there is so much that could be done - pack up the Christmas decor, 10 loads of laundry, find a home for excess toys, etc. But not today:(

That's right, I've got a good case of the sickets. The double-ender flu - that I most likely contracted from a zillion patients I worked with Tuesday or my sweet 8 month old who had diarrhea all day yesterday on my day off (guess he wasn't just teething).

I retreated to bed early last night with a head cold and the onset of nausea - couldn't even eat the dinner I had prepared for my family:( Not like me at all.

I awoke at 5am to have yesterday's gormet noon meal of pepperoni Hot Pockets revisit me (I barely made it into the bathroom and poor Joe's sink was the 1st thing I encountered). Then straight to the toilet for the South to have a victory - UGH!

I thought I might as well shower and clean myself - plus if I am going to make it to work it will be a PAINFULLY slow process.

Felt somewhat better after the initial mishaps and got dressed and ready for the day. Our family of four made it out the door together at 645am (typical). I had to make dad drive - didn't trust myself. We both dropped kiddos off at Kid Kare and the he chauffered me to work.

I did get some computer work done and got the ball rolling for some therapists to help cover our case load - by 8am I was walking over to Joe's parking lot to tackle the drive home (only a few miles but it was touch and go).

I know I don't need to subject anyone to my sickness and I am too weak to do much of anything.

So now I decided to *blog* since I have the time and no energy to do much more. Between waves of wondering if the North or the South will rise again I can enjoy my wireless internet from my comfy cave of a bedroom - would hate to venture to the living room and be that much further from the toilet.

So far the South remains victorious - which I guess is good - closer to having all of this over with. I feel so helpless. Nothing in my system but 10 ounces of Sprite and 3 1/2 graham crackers - I am not made to function on so little!!!

Sorry to make such brutual post but this is all I can offer:(

I promise I will take the time to *blog* the up moments in life too. I just seem to have the time today and I am unfortunately consumed with the downs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh...so THAT'S what you've been battling. praying that there is drying at the north and south pole.